DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MARCH 22nd at midnight!
Profiles in Service & Leadership Awards (SAL Awards) is an annual recognition held in April to honor the contributions of campus organizations, as well as individuals to service and leadership within and outside of the UA community. These are the highest honors that can be bestowed upon student organizations and individuals in regards to campus leadership and service. Hosted by The SOURCE and the Community Service Center, the SAL Awards are a great opportunity to recognize the ambitions and contributions of your student organization, as well as deserving individual members for either leadership or service.
Here are the award categories:
SOURCE ORGANIZATION AWARDS
- Outstanding Outreach Award- awarded to the organization that most effectively promoted and implemented the vision of their mission or a programming aspect.
- Outstanding New Organization- awarded to one organization that was created within the 2012-2013 academic year that has shown significant successes in its inaugural year.
- Outstanding Graduate Organization- awarded to one Graduate student organization that has augmented the collegiate experience for UA graduate students.
- Outstanding Academic Organization, Outstanding Honor Society, Outstanding Professional Organization, Outstanding Religious/Spiritual Organization, Outstanding Service Organization, Outstanding Special Interest Organization, Outstanding Law, Military, & Political Organization, Outstanding Advocacy Organization, Outstanding Recreational/Athletic Organization- these accolades will be awarded to one organization in each category for exhibiting exceptional student engagement and contributions to the University and Tuscaloosa community.
- Organization of the Year- awarded to an organization from the previous list of categories that most exemplifies excellence in student involvement.
SOURCE INDIVIDUAL AWARDS
- John L. Blackburn Advisor of the Year Award- The SOURCE will present the John L. Blackburn Advisor of the Year Award. This accolade is awarded to an advisor that goes above and beyond their responsibility to the organization and students; an advisor that exhibits care and proper advisement of their group at appropriate times. Nominations are due Friday March 15th by 5pm. If you have any questions email DJ Jackson, SOURCE Director of Organizational Outreach, at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership in 355 Ferguson Center. CLICK HERE TO NOMINATE!
- Will Byington Award for Student Officer of the Year- The SOURCE will present the Will Byington Award. This accolade is awarded to one male and one female student organization officer who exemplifies the characteristics of the capstone creed, and is an effective, innovative, and engaging leader who understands the mission of the organization. These individuals have contributed to their organization and student life at the University in a way that exemplifies the characteristics of Will Byington. Nominations are due Friday March 15th by 5pm. If you have any questions email DJ Jackson, SOURCE Director of Organizational Outreach, at email@example.com or stop by the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership in 355 Ferguson Center. CLICK HERE TO NOMINATE!
COMMUNITY SERVICE CENTER AWARDS
- Project of the Year- Time to nominate one of the 2012-2013 service projects hosted by the CSC for the award of Service Project of the Year for CSC. This award goes to the team responsible for planning a project for the CSC that best demonstrates the mission to educate students for service advocacy and leadership, civic responsibility, and lifelong volunteerism by increasing awareness of community needs, resource, and opportunities for social problem solving. For more information contact Kim Montgomery, Assistant Director of the CSC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-348-2865. CLICK HERE TO NOMINATE!
- Volunteer of the Year- Time to nominate one of our many volunteers for the award Volunteer of the Year for CSC. This award goes to a University of Alabama student who generously volunteered their time to CSC projects(s) and whose service made a meaningful impact on the mission of the CSC. CLICK HERE TO NOMINATE!
Application & Nomination deadline is March 22, 2013.
Organizations and individuals will be recognized at our annual banquet on April 16, 2013 in the Ferguson Center Ballroom. Student Organizations who submit an application for “organization awards” will receive a discounted rate for FALL Get On Board Day. Organizations who win, in addition to the annual awards recognition will receive GOBD Fee waiver for the entire 2013-14 academic year!