Bama Buddies 2012 is now complete. Thanks to all of the wonderful students and organizations who stuffed nearly 500 buddies for local children!
As a campus-wide service project, Bama Buddies allows organizations to buy, create, and donate personalized stuffed animals for local children. In addition to providing the monetary and stuffed animal donations, this project also fosters communication and collaboration among diverse student organizations.
By registering for Bama Buddies (see link at top of page), organizations can participate in two ways:
1. Attending one of our 8 unique Build-A-Buddy Bonanzas in the SOURCE Space ($8 per buddy). Groups who attend one of these events receive a discounted buddy price, live music, free food, and an opportunity to collaborate with others! Register at top of page. Current Bonanza dates/times:
Nov 11 (6 & 7pm) | Nov 13 (6 & 7pm) | Nov 18 (7 & 8pm) | Nov 19 (7 & 8pm)
Independent Stuffing Party
2. Hosting an independent planned party ($10 per buddy). If unable to attend a Bonanza, orgs can also host an independent stuffing party during a meeting or holiday event. The Bama Buddies team will provide all necessary materials and directions, making the logistics process as easy as possible for organizations. Payment for these events must be received at least a week in advance and completed buddies should be returned to The SOURCE by Nov. 30. Register at top of page.
Individual students can checkout our Bama Buddies mobile building station at the following campus events:
- Build-A-Thon | Nov 5-9 from 10am-2pm | Ferguson Center 2nd Floor
- Iron Bowl Buddy Building | Nov 24 | The Quad at UA
- Build-A-Thon 2.0 | Nov 26-30 | Ferg, Rec Center, Dorms
- SGA Senate | Nov 29 at 6:15pm | Ferguson Forum
- Xpress Night | Dec 6 from 6 to 9pm | Starbucks in the Ferg
Partnerships are still being finalized, so email David Phelps if you would like a mobile stuffing station at your event!
- David Phelps | Dir. of Org Leadership
- DJ Jackson | Dir. of Org Outreach and Special Event Coordinator
- Molly Lisenby | Special Event Assistant
- Alison Marsh | Volunteer Coordinator
- Kaitlyn Robinson | Student Outreach Coordinator
- Chisolm Allenlundy | Organizational Liaison
- Ashley Anne Ross | Organizational Liaison
- Stephanie Craig | Organizational Liaison