As a campus-wide service project, Bama Buddies allows organizations to buy, create, and donate personalized stuffed animals for local children. In addition to providing the monetary and stuffed animal donations, this project also fosters communication and collaboration among diverse student organizations.
By registering for Bama Buddies (see link at top of page), organizations can participate in two ways:
1. Attending one of our 8 unique Build-A-Buddy Bonanzas in the SOURCE Space ($8 per buddy). Groups who attend one of these events receive a discounted buddy price, live music, free food, and an opportunity to collaborate with others! Register at top of page. Current Bonanza dates/times:
Nov 11-15 (10am-2pm) | Nov 20 (11am-2pm) | Dec 4 (5pm-7pm)
Independent Stuffing Party
2. Hosting an independent planned party ($10 per buddy). If unable to attend a Bonanza, orgs can also host an independent stuffing party during a meeting or holiday event. The Bama Buddies team will provide all necessary materials and directions, making the logistics process as easy as possible for organizations. Payment for these events must be received at least a week in advance and completed buddies should be returned to The SOURCE by Nov. 30. Register at top of page.
*Currently, the lion and the frog buddies are out of stock. In their place, we now offer a cat buddy and a duck buddy! We apologize for the inconvenience!
Individual students can checkout our Bama Buddies mobile building station at the following campus events:
- Build-A-Thon | Nov 11-15 from 10am-2pm | Ferguson Center 2nd Floor
- Mini-Bonanza | Nov 20 | SOURCE Space
- SGA Senate | TBA
- Xpress Night | Dec 4 from 5 to 7pm | Starbucks in the Ferg
Partnerships are still being finalized, so email Kalyn Lee if you would like a mobile stuffing station at your event!
- Kalyn Lee | Dir. of Org Outreach
- Tinsley Roberson | SOURCE Outreach Team
- Min Wang | SOURCE Outreach Team
- Lakeisha Skinner| SOURCE Team
- Deshia Tucker | SOURCE Team